Revolutionary Project Seeks to End Flu Epidemic: MBBS Jobs in Bangalore
Brief Description of the Project:
Despite the availability of flu vaccines for decades, influenza is still an important disease in both developing and developed countries with 500,000 casualties annually and many more people affected. From a global health perspective, the lack of effectiveness, availability, affordability and accessibility of flu vaccines significantly limits our ability to respond to the seasonal flu every year and in the event of a pandemic. Currently, a low vaccine effectivity of 40% implies that 60% of vaccinated people are not sufficiently protected, with low confidence further contributing to limited uptake/immunization. In this project, public and private R&D organizations in India, EU and US collaborate on the development of two novel influenza vaccine concepts that meet the requirements of global vaccination, aiming to achieve <10% instead of 60% non-responders, lower costs, and better accessibility.
The first approach combines a low dose of a commercial, inactivated, seasonal flu vaccine with a novel, potent adjuvant, and will deliver proof-of-concept in Phase I and IIa trials within 5 years. The second approach builds on three innovations: 1) a novel recombinant HA with increased immunogenicity, 2) a potent adjuvant, and 3) an easy, needle-free delivery by intradermal patches. Contra-productive parts of HA will be removed to increase the immunogenicity of neutralizing epitopes. The adjuvant further stimulates protective immunity and immunological memory. The use of intradermal patches opens possibilities for self-administration, which will improve vaccine uptake in developing as well as developed countries. With proven nonclinical immunogenicity and safety, we will embark on clinical development of this concept after completion of the project. These plans differ in complexity and timelines but are realistic with chances to deliver next-generation flu vaccines for the globe.
Position Starting: 15th November, 2023
No. of Vacancy: One
Employment status: Contract
Last Day for Receiving Application: 06th November 2023
Post 1 – Project Associate – II
Salary: Rs. 35000+24%HRA
Experience: 2 Years experience in R&D in industrial and academic institutions or science and Technology organizations and scientific activities and services
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s Sciences in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from recognized University.
Roles & Responsibilities: MBBS Jobs in Bangalore
- Execute on multi-colour flowcytometry with advanced proficiency.
- Lead development, optimization, qualification, and validation of B and T-cell assays.
- Contribute to transfer of technical methodologies/assay related to immunology to other internal or external groups as required.
- Coordinate and enable robust execution of research projects through executing experimental plans, evaluating and interpreting data, and presenting scientific data in coordination with project leads and the scientific leadership.
- Ensure overall quality of scientific outputs of the projects by troubleshooting of assays/protocols, optimization of standard operating process and review of scientific data to meet global standards in coordination with project leads and the scientific leadership.
- Mentoring and training of junior research associates.
- To communicate work plan and data in weekly scientific laboratory meetings
- To undertake scholarly research activities such as scientific literature analysis and to show keenness to keep abreast of the current field and to effectively communicate academic thinking.
Post 2 – Senior Project Associate
Salary: Rs. 34000+24%HRA
Experience: 4 Years experience in R&D in industrial and academic institutions or science and Technology organisations and scientific activities and services
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s Sciences in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from recognised University
Roles & Responsibilities: MBBS Jobs in Bangalore
- The ability to set up and data interpret in the context of the field of research (infection and immunity: human immunology) a number of immune assays, including: advanced multiparameter flow cytometry; immune transcriptome analysis; immune subset purification and analysis; extensive experience in immune cell culture and stimulation; evidence of an in-depth understanding of T cell immunity to infection including knowledge of T cell subset function; cell sorting and capture for transcriptome analysis; qPCR and ability to set up cell migration and immune co-culture assays.
- Ability to work independently on a focussed programme of work and be collegiate within a wider team of immunologists.
- Evidence of demonstrable scientific leadership skills with first author publications in field of research with impact and keenness to progress towards an independent researcher status.
- Ability to communicate and interpret scientific literature and primary data using a variety of appropriate software
- Evidence of having undertaken scientific administrative duties including ordering consumables, awareness of financial records and supervising junior staff
How to apply