Exciting Role of Area Medical Advisor in Rare Disease Healthcare – MD Fresher Jobs
Job position – Area Medical Advisor, Rare Disease
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Serves as medical/scientific expert to internal and external stakeholders; develops and executes, country, and regional medical plan; fosters peer-to-peer relationships with key customers from whom, through Scientific Exchange establish and upcoming Pfizer assets.
- Gathers insights to inform medical, research and commercial strategies and tactics; Ensures connectivity and alignment with NA/global/partner colleagues.
- Enable smooth collaboration with KOL to develop and execute a medical launch plan
Position Responsibilities – MD Fresher Jobs
- Provide scientific expertise, build knowledge and activity-based relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to advance medical practice and research for the benefit of society, thus enhancing Pfizer’s image in the scientific community.
- To actively contribute to the organization/business by taking responsibility for the scientific, technical and ethical soundness of all policies, statements and endeavors.
- To provide high quality and timely service in the areas of Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Continuing Medical Education, Clinical Research, Sales Force Training, and business support in the areas of New Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Standards, and Business Technology.
- The role will act as a critical interface with identified scientific leaders and will build regional, national or international relationships to contribute to understanding of diseases, research and scientific trends, clinical practice guidelines, treatment patterns in areas relevant to our business.
With support from the mentor or Line manager, provide tactical and strategic inputs, and business/technical expertise, to Product Management towards ethical promotion of assigned products, in the operational areas listed
Key Opinion Leader / Key Organization Engagement
- Work in alignment with the concerned medical affairs colleagues to support them in implementing the medical activities relevant to the brand plan strategies for specific products and therapy areas as appropriate.
- Develop and customize presentations when required and relevant to specific programs/regional requests from KOLs. Ensure approval by the concerned Medical Advisor before roll out of the same.
- Work closely with the concerned medical affairs colleagues to identify and establish relationships with key opinion leaders/organizations in select therapeutic areas within the region to support their clinical and research activities by understanding their needs and offering appropriate research projects, continuing medical education programs, and clinical/educational grants.
- Participate/facilitate/conduct customized promotional/educational interactions with Health Care Professionals (HCPs). These interactions include but are not limited to, customer launch meetings, advisory boards, CME programs, scientific symposia, institutional presentations, etc, by working in close coordination with the concerned medical affairs colleagues.
- Focus on stage shifting for KOLs (Stage I: Initiate, Stage II: Develop, Stage III: Partner, Stage IV: Impact) numbers as mentioned in the BU specific objectives.
- Support efforts to identify new investigators and institutions for Clinical Research in order to expand the research base.
- Provide medical support for local studies on request from clinical operations, including need-based visits to study sites
- Assist in reviewing/interpreting data generated; Assist in writing final reports for locally sponsored studies as required
- Develop and execute publication plan; assist in reviewing/writing manuscripts for publication of locally sponsored studies
- Develop and execute an Information Dissemination Plan/Program
- Participate in and provide medical inputs for key opinion leader meetings / advisory boards and customer Launch Meetings (CLMs).
- Conduct/facilitate round table meetings/group discussions in coordination with the concerned medical advisor for assigned therapy area/product as appropriate.
- Conduct CMEs as a speaker/moderator for assigned therapy areas as per requirement and in coordination with the concerned medical advisor in case of new product.
Medical Information – MD Fresher Jobs
Provide useful, timely, accurate, and balanced medical information to internal (sales staff) and external (HCPs) customers, in adherence to relevant SOPs/policies
This position will primarily interact with medical leads in India as a regular part of position responsibility.
Skills / Knowledge / Qualification / Experience
- The minimum qualification required is MBBS, MD Pharmacology, BDS/MDS, Ph.D. with 2-5 years of experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in managing relevant therapy areas or prior experience in long-acting growth hormone therapy.
- Experience of working with relevant KOLs on guidelines, publications, and patient registries would be preferred.
- MD Freshers applications can apply