At Astellas, we believe that nurturing exceptional relationships with our employees delivers exceptional business results. MD Medical manager jobs. Apply online for MD Medical manager jobs here.
Job role – Senior Medical Manager
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (Hybrid)
Medical Affairs Strategy & Tactics
- Coordinate timely medical input of tactics into the Core Medical Plan (CMP) tools for planning, updating the CMP tracker and executing the CMP within timelines and budget.
- Execute medical activities such as internal and external scientific TA presentations and participating or leading advisory boards to gain further insight for Medical Affairs strategies and tactics.
- Provide medical input to commercial activities for the product brand teams including the planning, preparation and approval of :
- Strategic business plans
- Promotional and scientific materials
- Product training to marketing and sales colleagues in the affiliate.
- Provide external medical and business environment perspective and TA knowledge in the development to the cross-functional stakeholders in the affiliate.
Medical Information & Communication
- To act as a specialist resource providing a more detailed knowledge of medical information used to support key communication messages and manage medical information queries and activities (AGLIE-MIE System).
- Develop a medical communication plan and provide internal medical support to utilize relevant scientific information in support of the marketed product(s), consistent and aligned TA & product strategy.
Clinical Research/ Investigator Sponsored Research
- Evaluate proposed research concept and/or protocols from HCPs for Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR), for medical/scientific merit and appropriate design.
- To support the Regional Clinical Operations team in delivering regional/global trials, whenever needed.
- Develop, maintain, track relationships with key external experts (KEEs), healthcare professionals, government authorities, funding bodies and other entities to engage and communicate the value of Astellas products in compliance with Astellas values/code of conduct as well as applicable local regulations as well as contributes effectively within matrix teams across Astellas.
- Produce a monthly report on your activities for the regional medical affairs team and represent the affiliate at internal MA Asia Oceania events and meetings where appropriate.
Learning & Development
- Develop expertise and scientific evaluation of assigned therapeutic areas through self-study, company-provided training and scientific meeting attendance in order to enhance the contribution to the company.
- Attend selected meetings and congresses and participate in external platforms and share the knowledge to the stakeholders in the company.
- Along with other members of the Medical Affairs team, play an active role in identifying the Medical training needs of the organisation and therefore providing the relevant medical and product training to other employees including relevant sales teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local regulatory guidelines, and Company SOPs and recognize situations that require legal/compliance input and seek guidance as appropriate to ensure adherence to compliance in all areas of operations.
- Manages expectations of both internal and external stakeholders regarding what Medical Affairs can and cannot do based on solid understanding of company, regulatory and legal boundaries by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Regulatory guidelines, local country Code of Practice and Company SOPs to ensure adherence in all areas as appropriate.
- Doctoral Degree (MD, PhD in health-related Science or PharmD).
- Preferable at least 5-7 years’ experience in Pharma, particularly 3-5 in Medical Affairs preferred.
- Prior medical affairs roles and experience in relevant therapy area, preferably in oncology.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret, evaluate & present clinical data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop medical/scientific data into clear, teaching programs and plenary presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships and obtain buy-in and commitment from others in a matrix environment.
- Customer focus and ability to work well within a team.
- Sound communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proactive strategic partnering with different internal functions.