Oncology Jobs in Bangalore – Clinical Scientist (Oncology Trials) Role
Oncology Jobs in Bangalore, ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations for patients and to improve patient outcomes.
Title: Clinical Scientist (Oncology Trials)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest-growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry-leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
- ConcertAI is looking for a talented Clinical Scientist to work on defining study-specific key oncology data indicators in identifying disease progression, treatment efficacy/failures, and prognosis.
- This individual will work with the data science team, trials analyst, and informaticists in label creation that could facilitate the featurization of the ML model in predicting patient eligibility scores.
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in the field of oncology.
- You will ensure a thorough understanding of ConcertAI standards and business use cases.
- You must have clinical or scientific experience, and general knowledge of electronic medical record data.
This role reports to our Executive Director of Clinical Research Informatics.
- Act as a scientific leader within the DTS tech department
- Support new product/feature development
- Work closely with the clinical delivery team to understand the prescreening methodology, develop logical reasoning techniques and data-driven solutions to create technology-driven pre-screening
- Responsible for defining rules to support NLP/ML techniques used at ConcertAI
- Provide insights as a subject matter expert towards model utility, model formulation, feature engineering, and analysis of results
- Work closely with expert data scientists, statisticians, NLP engineers, and software engineers to develop these models
- Validate the output of the models to ensure they meet the desired quality metrics
- Maintain customer-facing documentation and communicate with clients to help them use these models
- Exploration of structured and unstructured EMR data to identify patterns that can be leveraged
- Assist with the development of SOPs for new data onboarding
- Bachelors or master’s in clinical science, MD, PhD in medicine, genetics, molecular biology, oncology, or in an Engineering field with work experience in biology/healthcare domains + proven experience in a relevant field
- Expertise working in the Oncology space as a clinician or medical monitor; prefer heme-related cancer experience
- Strong knowledge in oncology and cancer biology is desired and familiarity with electronic medical records and taxonomies is desired
- Thorough understanding of oncology disease progression, outcome predictions, prognostic indicators, etc.
- Ability to use clinical data points to define clinical pathways and to project disease progression
- Experience with EMR/EHR data is a plus
- SQL experience is a plus
- Prefer experience in the clinical trial development process (oncology preferred)
- Strong customer communication skills and ability to work collaboratively using remote tools
- Familiarity with agile development and concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization is preferred