The World Health Organization (WHO) is seeking a qualified Medical Doctor (MBBS) to join as a Vaccine Safety and Research Officer. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to global health by ensuring the safety and efficacy of vaccines, playing a vital role in public health efforts worldwide. Join WHO in advancing vaccine research and safety standards to protect communities around the globe.
Job Title: Vaccine Safety and Research Officer
Location: SE-NEP WR Office, Nepal
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Closing Date of Application: Nov 9, 2023, 4:29:00 AM
Purpose of the position- Vacancy for MBBS in WHO
The Vaccine Safety and Research Officer will provide technical assistance for routine immunization, COVID-19 Vaccination, and other vaccination campaigns (MR and HPV) vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance.
Education: Vacancy for MBBS in WHO
- Essential: First University degree in Medicine (MBBS) or equivalent education from an institution recognized by the Nepal Medical Council with valid registration in the Nepal Medical Council
- Desirable: Postgraduate qualification in one of the following disciplines or allied disciplines would be considered an asset: General Medicine/ Paediatrics / Community Medicine/ Public Health / Epidemiology / Global or International Health.
Essential: At least two years experience in public health or related works; or at least one year experience in health sector/clinical medicine and one year experience in public health.
- Experience in working with national or international immunization programs and/or vaccine safety surveillance programs.
- Prior experience of working with WHO/UN agencies.
- Prior experience working in the government public health system
- Prior experience of working with NGO and/or INGO sector agencies.
Functional Knowledge and Skills: Vacancy for MBBS in WHO
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to travel within the country and to perform practical hands-on fieldwork.
- Ability to participate actively and cooperatively in knowledge sharing and policy forums at various
- levels and to coordinate with the GoN agencies.
- Good knowledge in the vaccine, immunization, and surveillance sectors.
- Good analytical skills including the ability to collect and analyze technical and clinical data and to draw and present technical conclusions in written and spoken form.
- Very good writing skills in English, including the ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans, and proposals.
- Good clinical medicine, diseases, and adverse event knowledge for application in vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance.
Other Skills (eg IT):
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: word processors, spreadsheets and other data processing, presentation programs, Outlook, and Internet and email is essential.
- Proficiency in Statistical / Epidemiological Analysis software desired.
- Being able to follow instructions and work independently would be an asset.
WHO Competencies: Vacancy for MBBS in WHO
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Producing results.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- Expert knowledge of English and Nepal.