Looking for a Data Abstractor job? – Medical Jobs in Bangalore
Job role: Medical Data Abstraction (Across Levels)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job ID: P-100089
Job Type: Full Time in office
Position & Role Description
The Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical databases, reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements.
- Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific data into congruent electronic data systems.
- Review project-specific documents, as needed, to develop familiarity with project goals and with the Abstractor tasks in each project.
- Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Abstractor work on new projects.
- Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other Data Abstractors as needed.
- Contribute to/Update the Abstractor meeting agenda for periodic meetings, as needed.
- Respond promptly to queries issued by the Lead Data Abstractor, Operations Manager or other project personnel.
- Ability to understand the Inclusion and exclusion criteria, adverse events, hospitalization data, and medication details and categorize the data accordingly.
- Ability to understand the diagnostic, pathology and other reports and obtain the required exact information.
- Conduct additional duties as assigned, including review of selected medical records to assess eligibility for new projects.
Experience & Education, Training
- Experience: 0 to 4 Years
- BDS, MDS (Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Public Health Dentistry only), BAMS, BHMS, B. Sc (Nursing), M. Sc (Nursing), BPT, MPT only.
- Medical knowledge is mandatory (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Dental, etc.)
- Oncology experience is preferable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment & recovery & an understanding of cancer terminology.
- Experience in entering the data or review of data in other therapeutic areas like cardiovascular, immunology, and Metabolic diseases are also considered.
- Experience in reading Medical records or reports or any patient treatment-related data is desirable.
Skills : Medical Jobs in Bangalore
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills are mandatory.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not always function optimally.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer. Comfort with technology and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.