Regional Medical Advisor Job for MBBS Graduates – Apply Below
Regional Medical Advisor Job for MBBS Graduates at AstraZeneca, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Interested Candidates Can check out the details below and Apply Online
Job Position: Regional Medical Advisor
Department: Oncology (Uro-Oncology)
Job Company: AstraZeneca
Job Location: Bengaluru East, Karnataka, India
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Be part of redefining our future by thinking and acting differently. Be part of delivering our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory, and Immunology by 2025. We need to build on our heritage and think and act differently to evolve with the healthcare landscape. From becoming a digitally-enabled enterprise to accelerating launches. It means we are forward-looking, challenge the status quo, reflect on insights, spot opportunities, and act on smart risks.
As a Regional Medical Advisor, you will be responsible for engaging medical/scientific experts in in-depth medical/scientific product or disease area discussions, and deliver presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global/local Medical Affairs plans (and in line with the TA and brand strategy). You also act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders, providing medical/scientific knowledge, training, and support to internal stakeholders on AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
Key Duties And Accountabilities
Develop a strong local KOL network
- Jointly develop the market/local KOL engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KOLs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations, and build the KOL network pre- and post-launch.
Engage with KOLs using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
Support clinical trials and investigator engagement
- Provide support to the Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification and patient recruitment for Phase I, II & III studies.
- Create opportunities to complement the existing flow of clinical data for AZ’s products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical, and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the Development Plan, and engaging in discussions on the ISS Programme with potential investigators.
- Provides support to the internal Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification
Engage in scientific exchange
- Engage with the medical/scientific community in a highly credible, balanced/objective way, representing AZ’s dedication to and excellence in science
- Prepare and give relevant high-level medical science presentations at congresses, symposia, and scientific meetings
- Provide support for content development, agreeing agendas, and delivery of effective clinical presentations e.g., advisory boards
- Help to develop medical science literature, i.e., write, edit, and publish scientific articles and papers
Build Capability Of Other Internal And External Stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for external clinical/scientific stakeholders
- Help to build stakeholders’ understanding of potential solutions to their needs, e.g., extended access programs, approaches to diagnostic testing, etc.
- Respond to unsolicited stakeholder inquiries and provide focused, balanced and objective clinical/scientific information that supports the safe and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s currently available products, including questions regarding off-label uses, and products under development, when appropriate to do so
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders
- Support the sales force and other departments with medical science information (e.g., disease and treatment) and training
- Effectively gather, analyze, synthesise, and forward relevant new knowledge and meaningful insights about the external scientific/medical / regulatory environment to internal colleagues
- Provide internal stakeholders with actionable items related to brand strategy and GMD based on stakeholders’ perspectives
- Review promotional and scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies
- Ensure understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Ethics, External Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct.
Essential For The Role
- Sound knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, and clinical environment
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, health care, or research environment
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate scientific information
- Proven track record to engage and develop lasting relationships with key thought leaders in complex clinical environments
- Existing network within the TA ecosystem, with proven ability to influence decision-making processes in an ecosystem with multiple influential stakeholders
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross-functional teams
- Good Planning and Organisational Skills
- Excellent Scientific knowledge
- Problem-solving and Decision-making skills
- Ability to develop Strategic Partnerships
- Demonstrate AZ Values consistently
Desirable for the role
- Relevant 1-2 years of experience in the Pharma industry preferably in Oncology. Open to look at MD-Pharmacology freshers