Regional Medical Advisor Jobs
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a biopharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Regional Medical Advisor Jobs – Medical Jobs at AstraZeneca. Interested Candidates can check out the details below and Apply
Job Position: Regional Medical Advisor – R&I.
Job Company: AstraZeneca
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As a Regional Medical Advisor, you will be responsible to engage medical/scientific experts in in-depth medical/scientific product or disease area discussions, and delivering presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global/local Medical Affairs plans (and in line with the TA and brand strategy). You also act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders, providing medical / scientific knowledge, training, and support to internal stakeholders on AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
Key Duties And Accountabilities
- Develop a strong local KOL network
- Jointly develop the market/local KOL engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KOLs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations and build the KOL network pre- and post-launch.
- Engage with KOLs using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
- Support clinical trials and investigator engagement
- Provide support to the Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification and patient recruitment for Phase I, II & III studies.
- Create opportunities to complement existing flow of clinical data for AZ’s products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the Development Plan, and engaging in discussions on the ISS Programme with potential investigators.
- Provides support to the internal Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification.
- Engage in scientific exchange
- Engage with the medical / scientific community in a highly credible, balanced/objective way, representing AZ’s dedication to and excellence in science.
- Prepare and give relevant high level medical science presentations at congresses, symposia and scientific meetings.
- Provide support for content development, agreeing agendas and delivery of effective clinical presentations e.g., advisory boards.
- Help to develop medical science literature, i.e., write, edit and publish scientific articles and papers.
- Build Capability Of Other Internal And External Stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for external clinical/scientific stakeholders.
- Help to build stakeholders’ understanding about potential solutions to their needs, e.g., extended access programs, approaches to diagnostic testing, etc.
- Respond to unsolicited stakeholder inquiries and provide focused, balanced and objective clinical/scientific information that supports the safe and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s currently available products, including questions regarding off-label uses, and products under development, when appropriate to do so.
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders.
- Support the sales force and other departments with medical science information (e.g., disease and treatment) and training.
- Effectively gather, analyse, synthesise and forward relevant new knowledge and meaningful insights about the external scientific / medical / regulatory environment to internal colleagues.
- Provide internal stakeholders with actionable items related to brand strategy and GMD based on stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Review promotional and scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance.
- Be compliant
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications.
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies.
- Ensure understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Ethics, External Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct.
Essential For The Role
- Sound knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, clinical environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health care, or research environment
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information
- Proven track record to engage and develop lasting relationships with key thought leaders in complex clinical environments
- Existing network within the TA ecosystem, with proven ability to influence decision making processes in an ecosystem with multiple influential stakeholders
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross functional teams
- Good Planning and Organisational Skills
- Excellent Scientific knowledge
- Problem solving and Decision making skills
- Ability to develop Strategic Partnerships
- Demonstrate AZ Values consistently
Desirable for the role
- Relevant 1-2 years of experience in Pharma industry as RMA preferably in R&I