Ultimate Tips To Top NEET 2022 In Short Time
The moment we step into class 11 soon after the class 10 board exams, we often face a very common question from our acquaintances-’’ Hey what’s your next plan? Gearing up for NEET? And your answer also comes out as “Yes Of Course!’’. But are you sure that you aspire to be a doctor? Have you ever questioned yourself- Why you wanted to be a doctor? and why that is your dream? So I must say my dear students before you gear up for this prestigious examination, try to find out the answer to these questions- why you want to be a doctor and why do you dream of becoming the same?
NEET is an all-India exam organized by the NTA for all medical aspirants in the country. Students who aspire to be medical professionals must qualify for the entrance test. NEET questions are completely based on these subjects- Zoology, Botany, Chemistry & Physics. NEET paper has 200 questions in total, however, students need to only answer 180 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions). Each question carries 4 marks for correct answers and -1 for incorrect answers. The question papers of NEET are of intermediate level. Hence 12th & 11th standard Zoology, Botany, Chemistry & Physics books framed up on the CBSE syllabus are a must.
Now let’s now focus on the preparation strategy for the NEET exam. Here are some golden tips to top NEET 2022 in a short time.
- Making A Smart Syllabus: All NEET Aspirants should be aware of the entire NEET syllabus. Avoid sitting idle and waiting for the moment at the drop of a hat. Medical candidates should divide each section, understand the weightage of each chapter & crucial sections in each. All NEET aspirants have a common fetish to focus only on the NCERT syllabus but we should know that NEET syllabus compilation is not just restricted to NCERT. Jotting down the common sections and concentrating on the sections that are not included in NCERT is a wise plan of action and one of the best means to top NEET 2022 in a short time. Candidates should check the questions asked from each section in the previous NEET exam. This will help students know the important topics to be focussed upon.
- Prepare & Follow Smart Study Plan: Preparing a proper study plan for NEET is of utmost importance. Making a crisp routine will help you in reaching your goals in the shortest possible time. The chronology of learning is very crucial and making notes is very beneficial for your preparation as well for topping NEET 2022 in a short time. Make your own notes and don’t depend on your friends for doing that. The notes should be full of pointers, flow charts, and comparative tables. For instance, use flow charts for any cycles like glycolysis & comparative tables for comparing Newton’s first & second law. Create your own mnemonics. For example, Loligo, Octopus, Sepia (LOS) could be used for mollusks without the larval stage, as it’s a ‘loss’ for mollusks. We often find it difficult to remember examples. So, the ideal means is to form a sentence with all the examples. Take the starting letter of each example and make one word with it. Find out some fun tricks like ‘Radicle gives rise to Root’. Here, both have got ‘’R’’ in them and so it is easy to remember. Now, by default, plumule has to give rise to shoot. Therefore, remembering only one will make a good mnemonic.
- Set Targets That Doesn’t Exhaust You: Set realistic targets (daily, monthly & weekly) and try to achieve them. Don’t make a study plan that will bring monotony to your preparation. You should at least keep 6-7 hrs of preparation time for your NEET every day and not more than that. Each day you try to learn 2 subjects so that you can give a minimum of 3 hrs for each subject( Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and you get ample time to practice test questions as well. Don’t overstack your routine by keeping multiple subjects that will make you bored and frustrated. Start preparing with the simple chapters and your strong areas. This will kick your confidence level and you will get a good zeal for your preparation.
- Build Basic Concepts First: Emphasize the basic concepts first. Most of the students have the tendency to start solving questions directly without checking or revising the concepts first. So, make it a habit that you revise the concept repeatedly and then start solving the questions. Don’t get worried if you are unable to understand any concept from your textbook. Watch some animation videos of those trivial topics and you will find that the visual graphics are really helpful in making your concepts super clear. So you can make a folder for topic-wise animation videos on your laptop for your reference.
- Concepts First, Practice Later: The primary task after you have made up your mind for NEET preparation is thoroughly going through previous years’ question papers to get an idea of exam pattern, its marking scheme, etc. But don’t start practicing any questions right from the beginning as you are not well versed with the existing concepts of the syllabus. So, take a month for going through the chapters of Physics, Chemistry & Biology and later from the second-month start practicing questions.
- Revise Daily: Revising the concepts regularly will lead to better retainment of the same. Make a smart & wise study plan and try to include two subjects in your daily plan. Remember to have a quick revision (45 minutes) every day of the subjects that you have learned the previous day. This can boost your confidence level.
- Stay Focused: This often happens with us during exam time. Your friends are hanging out and you are getting irritated by seeing them on social media and all these irritations turn down to major distractions. So it is advisable to stay away from social media distractions like Facebook, Whatsapp, and Instagram. It does not mean that you will be leading a monk life but minimize the unnecessary distractions that might derail your focus from your one-point mission. At times if you are getting bogged by these cravings for opening your social networking site account or hanging out with friends, make a call to one of your pals who is also a NEET aspirant have some fruitful discussions over your syllabus or discuss any chapter, it will make your mood lighter.
- Use Pen & Paper: Make notes with pen & paper rather than using an iPad or laptop for better retention. Writing down is an age-old process and is considered to be the best retention exercise so far. Hence, if you need to memorize any concepts like any chemical reaction or name, try to write them down as soon as you study. You should at least start writing the concepts within 2 hrs after your study time and that too without opening your book.
- Meditate daily: Meditation for 5 minutes will enhance your retention skills and upgrade your confidence level. Long-term memory is the depository of memories that can ideally last for a long period of time that too for six months. These are the memories that define your persona and help you remain consistent over time. Meditation helps to accelerate long-term memory by improving your ability to concentrate. For example, studies show that a group of experienced meditators was able to memorize a set of images and recall them with better accuracy after three weeks when compared with people that did not engage in meditation.
Bonus Tip To Top NEET 2022 In A Short Time: Using study tools or revision tools is a big help for your preparation. For theoretical concepts, try to convert the concept into a flow chart with minimal words. If you are coming across any comparative concepts like the light & dark phase of photosynthesis, then better study the same by making a comparative table, this really makes learning faster.
Subject Wise Focus On Physics, Chemistry, And Biology & Strategizing Them In Shortest Possible Time
- Physics- Physics is known to be the reason for some NEET aspirants’ fear. Although some of you have really good command over mathematics and formulas from the same. The best thing is to understand any concept of formula or definition. Make short notes by using a different color highlighter. Physics requires maximum practice for better performance with accuracy. Practicing formulas daily and solving NCERT questions should be your daily mantra till the day of your examination. The more you practice the formulas, the better you will become in solving problems from any Physics chapter. If you are facing any difficulty in understanding any chapter from NCERT, try referring to any good and authentic reference books like Pradeep’s Physics or take the help of your mentors. Your mentor will help to boost your skill as well as your ability. So never restrict yourself from asking questions when you are facing difficulty.
- Chemistry- Chemistry is a whole lot of mystery with 3 wings- Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. To get a good grasp of the subject, start studying NCERT and make short notes. Note down important chemical reactions with a highlighter. Make Chemistry interesting as much as possible. Start your preparation with Physical chemistry as it has comparatively easier concepts in comparison to the other two. Later take Inorganic Chemistry followed by Organic Chemistry. Keep Organic at the end so that the retention can be good. Practicing NCERT questions and JEE main paper questions are recommended for all sections of Chemistry. Organic Chemistry is the most significant section in Chemistry & therefore this section requires major attention. You have to focus more on the 12th NCERT and the 11th NCERT.
- Biology- Biology is the most scoring subject of the NEET examination. As there is a high weightage for Biology, more marks can be scored from this subject. The total marks allotment for Biology is about 90 marks. Keep Biology in your routine every day. Try covering the trivial chapters for Biology first- all sections from Human Physiology, Photosynthesis, Biotechnology, Genetics and towards the end take up the chapters like Ecology, Plant & Animal Kingdom. Solving questions from NCERT has to be followed here as well. Make a diagrammatic flow chart for all the human physiology systems (Digestive, Circulatory, Respiratory). Note down all possible pedigree analysis charts in one place for Genetics. All these quick, smart tools will save you time, increase your retention speed, and help you top NEET 2022 in a short time.
So students hope this read gave you better clarity for your NEET preparation and start your preparation with all the power and the zeal. Try to remember these few things:-
- NEET exam repeater would be constantly bothered about missing the exam the second time as well. Always assure yourself that you are well versed with this exam now and you know your weak points better than the first time. So definitely there will be positive aspects and try to exploit these.
- For those who will be writing the exam for the very first time, shed off the thought that this is just a practice examination and there will be more chances in the future. Target the exam and try qualifying on the first go. So start your preparation on a serious note.
- Don’t disclose your strategies with your friends and try avoiding too many friends in your group study circle as too many discussions can be a major source of distraction.
- Always wear a positive attitude towards learning, which makes a lot of difference in your preparation. A negative mindset or constant pessimistic statements won’t help one in learning. The situation will only worsen if you still continue with a negative approach. You will find yourself being more creative as and when you stop thinking negatively & look on the bright side. The right mindset will also make you less anxious and usher in a whole lot of fresh and new ideas that might help in your studies.
So all the very best students and don’t forget to share your views in the comment section!
How To Top NEET 2022 In Short Time?
Other Relevant NEET Articles For You: