Discover the Role of an Associate Medical Manager at Pfizer – Medical Graduate Jobs
Pfizer is a leading global pharmaceutical company that is dedicated to discovering innovative solutions to improve people’s health and well-being. With a focus on research and development, Pfizer strives to bring groundbreaking advancements in healthcare to patients around the world.
Job role – Associate Medical Manager, Medical Review Services (MRS)
The Associate Medical Manager, Medical Review Services supports the Global Medical Affairs team and Global Medical Leads by performing medical pre-review (reference check) of promotional, above brand materials, as well as sales training material. This involves active internal and external stakeholder engagement to coordinate and perform pre-review of materials.
Position Responsibilities – Medical Graduate Jobs
- Performs medical pre-review (reference check) of promotional, above brand materials including but not limited to Health Care Professional (HCP) promotional aids, Web/Social, training material, advertisements, consumer promotions, conventions/ meetings etc to ensure:
- The claims are accurate, truthful, not misleading and aligned with Core Claims, Common Technical and/or other regulatory documents.
- The references are adequate, and they fully support the relevant claims.
- The claims are consistent with the specified reference label used.
- Manages end-to-end pre-medical review for assigned therapy area sales training materials and relevant materials by Patient Health and Impact (PHI).
- Conducts reviews independently with minimal supervision, in accordance with relevant internal SOPs and external regulatory guidance, alerting project teams in a timely manner of any definite or potential deviations.
- Ensures the in-scope promotional, above brand and brand curriculum pieces are reviewed utilizing Automated Machine Learning outputs.
- Ensures the correct Bot commands are executed to enable efficiency in reviews.
- Supports scientific congresses through review of content and congress reports in GCMA.
- Supports review of promotional material/training materials for products other than assigned allocation covering other BUs as well as other therapeutic areas in same BU based on bandwidth.
- Delivers assigned documents on or before deadline, alerting project teams in a timely manner of any anticipated delays, information gaps or potential shortcomings in quality.
- Ensures delivery of all required activities are within expected timelines and on budget.
- Engages with Medical Leads and Marketing leads to ensure smooth workflow for reference check of promotional and sales training materials.
- Develops and sustains constructive relationship within customers and stakeholders.
- Leads the communication with different stakeholders and their departments for a coordinated structure of functions and workflow.
Education And Experience
Graduate/Post-graduate/ Doctorate degree in life sciences/Pharmacy/Medical sciences or equivalent degrees.
Experience: Medical Graduate Jobs
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience for medical graduates, PhDs & masters in life sciences/ more than 6 years relevant experience for science graduates.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in medical writing/review within an agency, CRO, Pharma / Biotech Company.
- Experience in collaborating with Global stakeholders and managing stringent timelines.
- Prior experience in medical content creation or promotional material review is preferred.
- Prior experience in conducting medical reviews or QC of regulatory documents is preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements
- Review/QC skills: Excellent review or QC skills. Experience in promotional material review or content review would be an asset.
- Analytical skills: Proficiency in analyzing scientific claims and checking the same against the references. Familiarity with statistical/epidemiologic principles and concepts is desirable. Conducts and interpret analyses and interpret routine medical and safety analyses without guidance from team members.
- Language skills: High fluency in written English and strong functional fluency in spoken English.
- Personal skills: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills: Effective influencing and negotiating skills, including when appropriate an ability to guide decision-making for document content strategy. Ability to work well with all levels and roles in cross-functional, global teams. Ability to mentor more junior colleagues and external vendors.
- Regulatory knowledge: Familiarity with global regulatory guidance especially International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medical Agencies (EMA) relevant to clinical and safety.
- Software: Previous experience with software commonly used to present and analyze data (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is preferred.
- Synthesize analyses of medical and scientific data into clearly written text without supervision.
- Understand medical concepts of the disease and the specific approach to treatment.