Importance of Practicing Questions for NEET
After talking to numerous toppers across the country and hearing countless success stories, it has become apparent that practicing multiple questions, multiple times is a common factor among them. It is believed that practicing questions is the single most important aspect to crack an entrance exam. Let’s take a look at the story of Ram, a NEET aspirant. When he appeared for his entrance exam, he had limited time for preparation. Without attending any classes or making notes, he relied solely on practicing questions and reading their solutions. Although he didn’t achieve the desired rank on his first attempt, Ram could answer a significant number of questions and understand the ones that he couldn’t. This experience gave Ram, immense confidence and showed him that he can succeed in the exam. Now, you can realize the power of practicing Questions for the NEET Exam is an essential part of entrance exam preparation.
Reasons Why Students Don’t Practice Enough Questions
Many students fail to practice an adequate number of questions for several reasons:
The belief that questions should be answered only after completing a topic
It’s often considered ideal to attempt questions after studying a topic. However, this may not always be feasible due to time constraints. Waiting to finish everything before practicing questions leads to procrastination and undermines the effectiveness of this powerful tool for exam preparation.
Fear of failure and embarrassment
Human beings fear failure and the embarrassment of giving wrong answers. This fear discourages students from practicing questions, as they avoid realizing their lack of knowledge. However, this mindset is a significant mistake, as it hinders progress and growth.
The dilemma of revising notes vs. practicing questions
Students often struggle with deciding between revising their notes or practicing more questions. The key is to create a balance between the two. Both note revision and question practice play an essential role in achieving success in exams. Notes help provide the knowledge base required to answer questions, while questions highlight areas for targeted note revision.
Below are the reasons why practicing questions is important for NEET aspirants:
- Familiarity with Exam Pattern: NEET follows a specific exam pattern, including multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from physics, chemistry, and biology. Practicing the questions regularly will help the aspirants to get familiar with the exam format, question types, and constraints in the time, which is important for time management during the exam.
- Content Mastery: Consistent practice exposes aspirants to a wide range of topics and concepts within the NEET syllabus. This helps in deepening their understanding of the subjects, making them more proficient in solving complex problems and ensuring comprehensive coverage of the curriculum.
- Improves Problem-Solving Skills: NEET questions often require critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Regular practice hones these skills, enabling aspirants to approach unfamiliar or challenging questions with confidence and efficiency.
- Time Management: Practicing questions under timed conditions helps aspirants learn how to allocate their time wisely, prioritize questions, and avoid getting stuck on difficult ones, thus maximizing their chances of completing the paper within the allotted time.
- Identifying Weaknesses: Practicing questions regularly will help the aspirants identify their weaknesses and the topics that need to be improved. By reviewing their performance in practice tests, aspirants can identify topics or concepts they struggle with and focus their study efforts accordingly.