Stryker, a renowned global leader in medical technology, is currently recruiting candidates with MBBS, MD, or BHMS qualifications for the position of Literature Science Specialist. Join our team to make a meaningful impact in the field of healthcare, leveraging your medical knowledge to drive advancements in patient care and medical technology.
Job Title: Literature Science Specialist
Location: Bengaluru East, Karnataka, India
Employment Type: Full-time
- MD or DNB or Master of Surgery (preferably Anatomy, community medicine, internal Medicine, Neurology, or similar) with 0-2 years of experience. OR
- Medical Graduate (MBBS or BHMS) or Ph.D. with allied health sciences, with 3 – 5 years of experience. OR
- Allied paramedical (Nursing, Physiotherapy, pharmacy or biotechnology, biomedical engineering) postgraduate degree with 5-7 years of experience. OR
- Other postgraduate degrees in allied health sciences with 7-8 years of experience
Experience required for: Latest Jobs for MD DNB
- Experience in writing Literature search protocols, literature summaries, clinical study excerpts, integrated summaries of safety and performance, abstracts, manuscripts, clinical risk/benefit analyses, and literature summaries is required.
- Experience in IDE / Class III products/ clinical trials preferred.
Software and platforms that must be known:
- MS office, MS word
- PubMed, Distiller, Google Scholar, Proquest, Cochrane, EMBASE etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory guidelines (FDA/CFR; EN540/ Med DEV/ MDCG) and quality standards (ISO14971, ISO 13485, ISO 14155 guidelines is preferred.
Skills Required: Latest Jobs for MD DNB
- Medical Device Understanding. Solid understanding of medical device technology, including familiarity with various device classes, applications, and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in scientific literature databases and search tools (e.g., PubMed, Embase) to efficiently retrieve and manage relevant publications.
- Effective Communicators Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize scientific information in a clear and concise manner.
- Analytical Thinker Highly effective communicator who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and executive-level presentations.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to extract and interpret complex scientific data. Attention to detail and ability to work independently and within a team, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data, and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards relevant to medical devices (e.g., FDA regulations, ISO 13485) is a plus.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry, clinical research, or related fields is highly desirable.
Roles and Responsibilities: Latest Jobs for MD DNB
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews to identify relevant scientific publications, clinical studies, and regulatory guidelines pertinent to our medical devices and succinctly summarize scientific content for assigned projects in given timelines
- Utilize scientific methodology and tools to identify and appraise information from scientific literature databases.
- Propose and participate in departmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to extract key insights, trends, and knowledge gaps related to our products and their therapeutic areas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, regulatory affairs, clinical affairs, and product management, to gather information and align literature review objectives with business needs.
- Participate in post-market surveillance activities by conducting routine systematic literature reviews (e.g., screen articles against inclusion/exclusion criteria, extract data from included studies, interpret study results, synthesize literature, and prepare summaries into formal reports) for specific medical device groups or sub-groups.
- Assist in the development of internal procedures, templates, and style guides.
- Provide subject matter expertise and consultation to Clinical Research Associates, Biostatistics, Data Management, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Safety, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and scientific literature in the field of medical devices, ensuring that our organization remains well-informed and at the forefront of industry developments.
- Provide critical analysis and interpretation of scientific data to support decision-making processes, product development strategies, and regulatory submissions.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts, conference abstracts, and other scientific communications, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to established guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of internal literature databases, ensuring efficient storage, retrieval, and organization of scientific references.
- Collaborate with external partners, such as academic institutions and key opinion leaders, to foster scientific collaborations, identify potential research opportunities, and facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Maintain compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and quality management systems applicable to medical device literature research.